Olive oil is the oil derived from the fruit of the olive tree. A key element of the Mediterranean diet and health food products due to the content of monounsaturated fat. Consumption of olive oil has been associated most scientifically proven, with significant benefits for the human body.
The oil briefly:
- contributes to the prevention of cardiovascular disease,
- reduces total cholesterol, “bad” (LDL) cholesterol, triglycerides,
- fortifies the body and the immune system,
- has antioxidant fighting free radicals,
- have antiinflammatory activity similar to the drug,,
- reduces high blood pressure,
- helps in proper functioning of the pancreas, etc.
Furthermore the oil exhibits much greater resistance to heat, such as in frying, with the result that the fatty acids are cleaved and not produced free radicals are detrimental to health.
Monounsaturated acids make the oil, therefore, more resistant against oxidation compared to other vegetable oils, which are characterized for the polyunsaturated fatty acids them.
Αφήστε ένα σχόλιο